- Neuron News
- Sci+Tech Editing
- STEM edu
- Independent Research
This is an update to a previously-published journal entry here in DPRI AmSci Journal on the exciting discovery of a new galactic “something-er-other” seen for the very first time by none other than a school teacher from the Netherlands.
Hanny van Arkel has been getting quite a bit of attention lately (just check out her Google search!) with her interesting observation while reviewing and classifying images of galaxies on Galaxy Zoo. The Hubble Space Telescope is also scheduled to focus in on the odd object next year.
Read the following feature from CNN, which does a nice job presenting the growing contributions of citizen scientists.
Watch Out World, now, the serious amateur researcher is making some waves!
“Armchair astronomer discovers unique ‘cosmic ghost'” :: CNN.com :: August 7, 2008 :: [ READ ]
“Teacher discovers ‘cosmic ghost'” :: University of Oxford Press Release :: August 6, 2008 :: [ READ ]
“Dutch Teacher Stumbles Upon A Space ‘Ghost'” :: NPR News Weekend Edition :: August 9, 2008 :: [ READ ]
Subscribe to the DPR Journal
Read Neuron News
[ READ NOW ]
- 10 Free Must-read Books on AI (KDnuggets)
- 12 Deep Learning Researchers and Leaders (KDnuggets)
- Top 10 Best Podcasts on AI, Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning (KDnuggets)
- Why Machine Learning is vulnerable to adversarial attacks and how to fix it (KDnuggets)
- AI in the Family: how to teach machine learning to your kids (KDnuggets)
- An Hour of Code may lead to a Lifetime of Creativity
- Amateur Research (71)
- apps by dpr (1)
- Citizen Science (82)
- Code is Poetry (1)
- In Brief (9)
- KDnuggets (5)
- Neuron News (110)
- STEM (1)
- The Future (3)
This weblog is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.