- Neuron News
- Sci+Tech Editing
- STEM edu
- Independent Research
An upcoming BioBlitz scheduled on Long Island in the Tanglewood Preserve has the local academia and the local amateur scientists excited… and the event might also have piqued some interest from producers at The Discovery Channel.
The BioBlitz is an interesting movement where community members designate a 24-hour period to canvass their local region and identify and catalog all of the organisms that can be observed. This concept is a perfect idea and opportunity to unite citizen scientists and local professional scientists to help keep track of regional biodiversity, species evolution, and environmental impacts on the local biosphere.
The following report suggests an unofficial interest from The Discovery Channel to document one such event, which would be a wonderful publicity boon to supporting the role of the citizen scientist and will certainly inspire many more to look into opportunities in their local areas.
“Bio Blitz catches Discovery’s attention” :: Herald Community Newspapers Online :: July 31, 2008 :: [ READ ]
Learn more about the BioBlitz movement and to find events in your area [ BioBlitz on Wikipedia ].
Subscribe to the DPR Journal
Read Neuron News
[ READ NOW ]
- Top 10 Best Podcasts on AI, Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning (KDnuggets)
- Why Machine Learning is vulnerable to adversarial attacks and how to fix it (KDnuggets)
- AI in the Family: how to teach machine learning to your kids (KDnuggets)
- An Hour of Code may lead to a Lifetime of Creativity
- The Fourth Revolution is impacting your life now
- dpr Launches New App: MyHealthy.Today
- Amateur Research (71)
- apps by dpr (1)
- Citizen Science (82)
- Code is Poetry (1)
- In Brief (7)
- KDnuggets (3)
- Neuron News (110)
- STEM (1)
- The Future (3)
This weblog is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.