- Neuron News
- Sci+Tech Editing
- STEM edu
- Independent Research
Wildlife monitoring at Glacier National Park in Montana is the daunting responsibility of two biologists, little funding, a whole lot of ground to cover, and hundreds of species to track.
Over the past couple of summers, local volunteers have been trained to travel deep into the backwoods of the park and monitor population levels of animals that are of serious concern. The data collection has been tremedous, and would have otherwise been impossible to organize without the army of amateurs dedicated to supporting the park.
Through the Crown of the Continent Research Learning Center at the park, additional training sessions will be available in July for those interested in participating. Call 406.888.7986 for more information.
“Citizen Scientists to the Rescue for Glacier Park” :: Flathead Beacon :: June 26, 2008 :: [ READ ]
[ VIEW ] Live Webcams at Glacier National Park
Subscribe to the DPR Journal
Read Neuron News
[ READ NOW ]
- Top 10 Best Podcasts on AI, Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning (KDnuggets)
- Why Machine Learning is vulnerable to adversarial attacks and how to fix it (KDnuggets)
- AI in the Family: how to teach machine learning to your kids (KDnuggets)
- An Hour of Code may lead to a Lifetime of Creativity
- The Fourth Revolution is impacting your life now
- dpr Launches New App: MyHealthy.Today
- Amateur Research (71)
- apps by dpr (1)
- Citizen Science (82)
- Code is Poetry (1)
- In Brief (7)
- KDnuggets (3)
- Neuron News (110)
- STEM (1)
- The Future (3)
This weblog is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.