- Neuron News
- Sci+Tech Editing
- STEM edu
- Independent Research
This group at Brown University is trying to develop an implantable electrode array that will transmit your thoughts into a corresponding action via a connected computer, robot, or electrodes elsewhere in your body.
Currently, they are working to provide patients with debilitating diseases, like locked-in syndrome, with more physical control in their lives. These research efforts will prove to be critical stepping stones for making neuron devices commonplace prosthetics and cosmetics in our culture.
The research group is also trying to finance a company, called Cyberkinetics, Inc., to help bring these new technologies into the marketplace.
Subscribe to the DPR Journal
Read Neuron News
[ READ NOW ]
- Top 10 Best Podcasts on AI, Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning (KDnuggets)
- Why Machine Learning is vulnerable to adversarial attacks and how to fix it (KDnuggets)
- AI in the Family: how to teach machine learning to your kids (KDnuggets)
- An Hour of Code may lead to a Lifetime of Creativity
- The Fourth Revolution is impacting your life now
- dpr Launches New App: MyHealthy.Today
- Amateur Research (71)
- apps by dpr (1)
- Citizen Science (82)
- Code is Poetry (1)
- In Brief (7)
- KDnuggets (3)
- Neuron News (110)
- STEM (1)
- The Future (3)
This weblog is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.